The scholarships currently open for application are available here.
1. Urban/Beavers Heavy Construction Scholarship
The Urban/Beavers Heavy Construction Scholarship supports civil engineering students in preparing for a career in the heavy construction industry. Preference is given to applicants with records that demonstrate their intention to join a heavy construction organization upon graduation. Demonstration can be through internships or other professional experience with heavy construction organizations, participation in relevant student organizations, and coursework. Applicants are encouraged to educate themselves about the heavy construction industry and “The Beavers” in particular, as part of submitting the application.
The mandatory requirements for applying for the scholarship are as follows:-
1. Resident of United States.
2. Admitted to and enrolled full-time in Texas A&M University and must be an upper or graduate student.
3. Maintain at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
4. Complete a minimum of 15 credits from the Zachry Department of Civil Engineering, contributed from the two previous fall and spring semesters.
Proof of meeting all requirement must be submitted prior to award of the scholarship.
Demonstrated financial need preferred, but not mandatory.
The scholarship application contains several types of questions, including Yes/No, multiple choice and essay questions. All the questions are mandatory. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Direct queries to Prof. David Ford by email only at DavidFord@tamu.edu.
Deadline for submission of application : March 31, 2017
Click here to apply for the scholarship.